Martin Risgaard Rasmussen (DK)
Application Consultant, Grundfos
- Working on improving a large, complex and global intranet at Grundfos
- Has been working with online collaboration, communication, and marketing in Denmark and the UK since 2001
- One of the locals: Based in Aarhus where he enjoys running as well as the occasional round of golf
Martin is a part of the Collaboration Solutions team in the IT department at Grundfos where he is working with the global intranet
His main task, as one half of a two-person team, is to look after the global Intranet both in terms of strategic development to ensure that it meets the requirements of the employees, but also for the daily support of the big global editor network.
Martin comes from a background in international B2B marketing and has supplemented this with a degree in strategic management and organization. For the last 5 years this has primarily been centered on intranets and collaborative tools used in the digital workplace. Prior to Grundfos he has been working with online solutions in various positions at Arla Foods, LM Windpower, and Kompan.
He is based in Aarhus and besides his passion for the digital workplace he enjoys running, traveling the world as well as the occasional round of golf trying (and most of the time failing miserably) to improve his handicap which currently sits at 14.
Martin is an experienced speaker and has spoken at several conferences and events around Europe, and is a very strong believer in the power of a having a strong network both inside and outside the firewall. Martin is a long-time member of the J. Boye intranet groups
Grundfos is one of the world’s largest pump manufacturers, based in Denmark, with more than 18,000 employees globally and an annual production of more than 12 million pump units. Grundfos also produces electric motors for the pumps as well as electric motors for separate merchandising. Grundfos develops and sells electronics for controls for pumps and other systems
Grundfos was established in 1945 in Bjerringbro a little over an hour drive outside Aarhus. This is still the global headquarter today.
More resources related to Martin Risgaard Rasmussen
- J. Boye blog: Arla creates a ‘text editor cheat sheet’ (August 2010)
- J. Boye blog: Foursquare; useful for B2B online professionals? (January 2011)
- J. Boye blog: How Arla made their intranet more social (December 2011)
- J. Boye Aarhus 07 slides: One company, One intranet - How to use a MOSS2007 intranet to support a one company agenda (PDF)
- J. Boye Aarhus 08 slides: Life on MOSS – Intranet experiences and challenges (PDF)
- J. Boye Aarhus 10 slides: Re-ignite your intranet - Why having no budget is not all bad (Slideshare)