CMS on a daily basis
Slides hosted on www.slideshare.net)
A Content Management System is what makes large and complex websites tick. A lot of effort goes into selecting and implementing a CMS, but what happens next?
What are the common challenges, surprises and loose ends that await the web team post-launch?
In this presentation, Marianne will cover:
- How to train, engage and support content editors
- Getting to the bottom of performance issues, including caching
- Backup and data recovery
- Archiving and retrieval for audit and complaints handling
- Understanding content modelling
- Balancing flexibility and complexity. CMS customisations vs out-of-the-box features
- User access rights and permissions
- What is covered (and not covered) by the support contract with a CMS vendor?
- Support requests and developer communities – how to get real help when you need it most
If you find running a Content Management System challenging or frustrating, come to this presentation to discuss the symptoms and to explore possible solutions. The presentation is based on 7 years of CMS administration experience that Marianne will bring to the J. Boye conference and will include ample opportunities for audience participation.
Read more: How to make a success of your CMS project